Our Practical Carbine program is a beginner to early intermediate course. We demonstrate and teach the skills necessary to take the student from “some familiarity” with an AR-style carbine, to a point where they have built confidence in deploying the carbine.
The program is built upon OpSpec Training’s process-oriented marksmanship style of instruction to where the student not only learns to draw and shoot, but also learns how to train for success. With a lot of one-on-one training built into the program, the class size is limited to 10 students.
This one day, eight hour course covers …
- Winning mindset
- Why solid gun handling is important
- Safe gun handling
- Loading, unloading and reloading your carbine
- Mechanical Offset and why mastering it is crucial
- How to use cover and concealment
- What to do if you have a malfunction
- Multiple shots
- AR15 “pattern” rifle (SCAR and SIG556 are fine), or a modern pistol caliber carbine (PCC)
- Three or more reliable carbine magazines
- A usable sling
- Cleaning and maintenance equipment
- At least one magazine pouch to store extra rifle magazine. (A chest rig with or without body armor is fine.)
- Eye and ear protection
A quality red dot sight strongly preferred/recommended. Round count is approximately 250 rounds. Students should also review the What to Bring – Carbine Class page.
This is an introductory class to using a carbine. Students should have taken a basic rifle safety course and have some with their firearm and gear.
What to Bring
First, review the general overview of What to Bring to a Carbine Class.
For this specific class, you’ll also need to bring:
- Rifle with sling and red dot sight
- A minimum of three magazines with carrier
- 250 rounds of ammunition
The course fee for Practical Carbine is $100.
Classes listed are not in date order. If none are listed, we do not have any on the schedule at this time.Sorry, no classes on the schedule at this time.