Our Practical Pistol program is a beginner to early intermediate course. We demonstrate and teach the skills necessary to take the student from “some familiarity” with a handgun, to a point where they have built confidence in deploying the handgun from a holster.
Practical Pistol is a beginner to early intermediate course. We demonstrate and teach the skills necessary to take the student from “some familiarity” with a handgun, to a point where they have built confidence in deploying the handgun from a holster.
The program is built upon OpSpec Training’s process-oriented marksmanship style of instruction to where the student not only learns to draw and shoot, but also learns how to train for success. With a lot of one-on-one training built into the program, the class size is limited to 10 students.
This one day, eight hour course covers …
- Winning mindset
- Why solid gun handling is important
- Safe gun handling
- Loading, unloading and reloading your pistol
- Drawing from holster
- What to do if you have a malfunction
- Multiple shots
Suggestions for Students
As this may be the first time students are taking a class with OpSpec Training, we have some suggestions for students. You must also review the What To Bring page for our pistol classes.
- You need to bring a modern service pistol that is in good working order. The preferred pistol size is similar to a Glock 19.) The gun should “fit your hand” properly. If you have any questions, contact us.
- In general, we suggest shooting 9mm rounds. It is preferred only from a cost point.
- Your holster should be USPSA or IDPA approved. Cross-draw, inside-the-waistband, shoulder or SERPA-type holsters are not permitted. We suggest a standard, outside-the-waistband belt holster from Blade Tech, Ozarks Holster Company, or equivalent.
- A high-quality, sturdy and stiff belt that properly supports the magazine carriers, holster and handgun. A quality, stiff leather belt is acceptable.
- If you have additional magazines and/or magazine carriers, bring them.
What to Bring
First, review the general overview of What to Bring to a Pistol Class.
For this specific class, you’ll also need to bring:
- Kydex, outside-the-waistband holster.
- About 250 rounds of ammunition.
- At least two magazines for your pistol.
- At least one magazine carrier.
The course fee for Practical Pistol is $100.
Classes listed are not in date order. If none are listed, we do not have any on the schedule at this time.Sorry, no classes on the schedule at this time.