The one-day Advanced Pistol Marksmanship course is for a shooter who wants to become faster and more accurate for defensive or competitive shooting. This course places a heavy emphasis on process oriented technical marksmanship to solve various marksmanship challenges. The goal of this course is to take the shooter through a series of logically organized problems, and equip the shooter with the ability to solve them. This has been described as a very mentally challenging course that pays a dividend in overall technical skills.
This is an advanced level course, and is offered in a one-day or two-day format (eight hours or 16 hours).
All course objectives will be achieved with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Understanding “visual patience” and applying it to technical marksmanship.
- Cultivating the ability to drive the gun aggressively.
- Understanding technical marksmanship concepts and how to apply them to the tactical/defensive and practical competition world.
- Understanding value based training drills.
- Understanding process oriented marksmanship versus results oriented.
Programs held at SIG SAUER Academy include free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, N.H. location.
- Pistol in one of the following calibers: 9MM, .40S&W, .357 SIG, or .45 ACP
- A minimum 25 dummy rounds specific to your pistol.
- Kydex belt or paddle holster
- A minimum of four magazines (a few more if single stack)
- Some safe means to carry magazines, on your person, to recharge your firearm twice times (e.g. two magazine carriers/pouches)
- Wraparound eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic hearing protection is recommended)
- Weather and temperature appropriate attire
- Jeans, BDUs, or canvas type pants are recommended
- Gloves, socks, boots, Under Armor, rain coat, etc.
- Cleaning and maintenance supplies for daily pistol maintenance
- 600-800 rounds of appropriate caliber ammunition per day