Advanced Tactical Pistol
The Advanced Tactical Pistol (ATP) course is designed for anyone who carries a pistol for work or protection. The ATP course covers a gambit of real life shooting scenarios that range from extreme close quarters to distance shooting with the proper use of cover and concealment.
This course covers the following:
- Contact distance close quarters shooting techniques.
- Movement to maximize survivability in a lethal force scenario.
- What to do/say after having to use deadly force.
- Cover and concealment.
- Unconventional shooting positions.
- Flashlight techniques and low light shooting.
- Single hand shooting and manipulations.
- Shooting in and around cars (when available).
Optional Force-on-Force Module
Some classes include a third day of force-on-force training. The same material is covered, but the program is expanded to include force-on-force gear with marking cartridges.
- Service pistol with a minimum of six magazines.
- Holster suitable for concealment
- Concealment garment
- 1,000 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Eye protection/Ear Protection
- Hat with Brim
- Flashlight (with momentary on/off tail-cap switch suggested)
For three-day programs with force-on-force training you’ll need additional equipment…
- Clothing sufficient to cover all exposed skin (long sleeve shirt/sweatshirt and long pants)
- Groin protection (generic outer groin protection is available)
- Study belt at least 1.5” wide
This is not a basic class. At minimum, students should have taken a basic handgun safety course and have experience with their firearm and gear. We expect students to have experience shooting on a line in a safe manner, including loading, reloading and drawing/shooting from the holster. Shooters with IDPA, USPSA, NRA Action Pistol, 3-Gun, law enforcement and military experience meet the program prerequisites.
First, review the general overview of What to Bring to a Pistol Class.
For this specific class, you’ll also need to bring:
- Holster suitable for concealment.
- About 1,000 rounds of ammunition.
- At least four to six magazines for your pistol.
- At least two magazine carriers.
- Tail cap Flashlight or pistol mounted light.
The course fee for Advanced Tactical Pistol course is $470 plus applicable range fees. Contact us for information on group rates.
Some classes include a third day with a Force-on-Force Module for an additional fee. Prices vary based on location.
Classes listed are not in date order. If none are listed, we do not have any on the schedule at this time.Sorry, no classes on the schedule at this time.
I’d definitely recommend this specific training
This was a fantastic class that measurably enhanced my skills. The instructors were focused on maintaining safety while providing an effective environment for learning. Based on this experience, I’d definitely recommend this specific training and OpSpecTraining as a provider.
I enjoy the learning format
I have attended two OpSpec Training classes and will continue to attend as time and availability allow. I enjoy the learning format and the real world experience that the instructors bring to the classes. The skills I have learned have made me a better and more capable shooter.