The Advanced Tactical Pistol (ATP) course is designed for anyone who carries a pistol for work or protection. The ATP course covers a gambit of real life shooting scenarios that range from extreme close quarters to distance shooting with the proper use of cover and concealment.
This course covers the following:
- Contact distance close quarters shooting techniques.
- Movement to maximize survivability in a lethal force scenario.
- What to do/say after having to use deadly force.
- Cover and concealment.
- Unconventional shooting positions.
- Flashlight techniques and low light shooting.
- Single hand shooting and manipulations.
- Shooting in and around cars (when available).
Optional Force-on-Force Module
Some classes include a third day of force-on-force training. The same material is covered, but the program is expanded to include force-on-force gear with marking cartridges.
- Service pistol with a minimum of six magazines.
- Holster suitable for concealment
- Concealment garment
- 1,000 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Eye protection/Ear Protection
- Hat with Brim
- Flashlight (with momentary on/off tail-cap switch suggested)
For three-day programs with force-on-force training you’ll need additional equipment…
- Clothing sufficient to cover all exposed skin (long sleeve shirt/sweatshirt and long pants)
- Groin protection (generic outer groin protection is available)
- Study belt at least 1.5” wide