The one-day Advanced Carbine Marksmanship course is for a shooter who wants to become faster and more accurate for defensive or competitive shooting. This course places a heavy emphasis on process oriented technical marksmanship to solve various marksmanship challenges. The goal of this course is to take the shooter through a series of logically organized problems, and equip the shooter with the ability to solve them. This has been described as a very mentally challenging course that pays a dividend in overall technical skills.
This is an advanced level course.
Advanced Carbine Course Objectives
All course objectives will be achieved with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Understanding “visual patience” and applying it to technical marksmanship.
- Cultivating the ability to drive the gun aggressively.
- Understanding technical marksmanship concepts and how to apply them to the tactical/defensive and practical competition world.
- Understanding value based training drills.
- Understanding process oriented versus results oriented marksmanship.
Programs held at SIG SAUER Academy include free loan of firearms, holsters, safety glasses and hearing protection at the Epping, N.H. location.
- AR/SCAR/MCX rifle chamber in 5.56/.223 equipped with sling and red dot sight.
- A minimum of 10 dummy rounds specific to your rifle or carbine
- Kydex belt or paddle holster
- A minimum of three magazines
- Some safe means to carry magazines, on your person, to recharge your firearm twice times (e.g. two magazine carriers/pouches)
- Wraparound eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic hearing protection is recommended)
- Weather and temperature appropriate attire
- Jeans, BDUs, or canvas type pants are recommended
- Gloves, socks, boots, Under Armor, rain coat, etc.
- Cleaning and maintenance supplies for daily pistol maintenance
- 600-800 rounds of appropriate caliber ammunition