Pistol Close Quarters Battle (CQB) is designed for the law enforcement, military or qualified armed citizen who uses a pistol for defense. The class uses marking cartridges from Simunition® to reinforce lessons-learned from the experience of the instructors in operational environments.
This class revolves heavily on team building concepts to make the individual stronger in lifesaving tactics under fire. During the two-day program, students will learn to be both the defender of a home, automobile or building, as well as how to safely move inside a structure. Students will also participate as the “bad guy” in multiple scenarios. Scenario-based training using marking cartridges ensures you learn more, faster.
Pistol CQB Course Topics
- Safety rules for use of Simunition marking cartridges in scenario-based training
- Movement vs shelter-in-place
- Setting up your home to make it easier to defend
- Home Invasions – What are the trends
- Tactical angles and how they kill
- Single movement
- Shooting in and around automobiles
- Room clearing
- Scenario-based training
- Simunition FX® marking cartridges (150). Can be purchased from OpSpec Training prior to the class.
- Personal protective equipment (male or female as applicable)
- Clear eye protection.
- An open mind
Protective equipment is mandatory for use with marking cartridges. Certain protective equipment such as head protection/hoods, and chest protection will be provided at the training site. Pistols converted to shoot Simunitions will be provided at the training site.
At a minimum, students should have previously taken a pistol course and have a solid understanding of the safe operation of their pistol. This is not a basic pistol class. OpSpec Training’s Practical Fundamentals course or an equivalent program with a recognized instructor or training organization is suggested. If you have completed a pistol class, participated in competition involving movement (as an example USPSA/IDPA), have law enforcement or military experience with a pistol, you meet the prerequisites.