MOAC-R – a.k.a Mother of all Classes – enrollment will be limited to ensure an appropriate student-to-instructor ratio. The class utilizes steel targets to maximize training time.
Objectives will be achieved with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Cultivating the ability to solve practical and tactical marksmanship problems with trigger control and marksmanship ability.
- Understanding the “percentage goal” as it applies to the use of sights in high speed marksmanship.
- Understanding “road map” applications as they convert to durable skill in high speed marksmanship.
- Understanding “goal setting” in high speed marksmanship during saturation training.
- Cultivating the ability to score multiple fast hits at distances from near contact to 200 yards.
- Understanding the relationship of mechanical offset to high speed marksmanship.
- AR pattern rifle with a quality red dot sight
- Six, 30-round magazines
- Some safe means to carry magazines, on your person, to recharge your firearm three times (e.g. three magazine carriers/pouches or load-bearing vest)
- Spare batteries for your red dot sight and electronic hearing protection
- Pistol in one of the following calibers: 9MM, .40S&W, .357 SIG, or .45 ACP
- Kydex belt or paddle holster for pistol
- Three pistol magazines, with at least two pistol magazine carriers
- Wraparound eye protection – as we are shooting steel, you need high-quality, mission specific eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic hearing protection is recommended)
- Cleaning and maintenance supplies for daily rifle and pistol maintenance. This includes lubrication for both your pistol and rifle.
- Small first aid kit
- Pen and notebook
Ensure you wear and bring clothing appropriate for the weather. Even when shooting indoors, ranges can be cold. Dress in layers so you can remove or add them as conditions change. Jeans, BDUs, or canvas type pants are recommended. Shooting outdoors? Prepare for warm sunny conditions and overcast cool conditions. Bring sunscreen, lip balm and insect repellent. Bring a baseball cap, wide-brimmed hat or stocking cap as appropriate. No sandals, tank tops, or other sleeveless shirts permitted.
You should bring water to the range. Make it easy for you to hydrate yourself during the day. It’s a good idea to pack a few of protein or power bar snacks.
- Estimated round count: 3,000 rounds during a four day period