This course is designed to give a Precision Rifle shooter a look at solving advanced marksmanship problems with the Precision Rifle. This course is set up to challenge the marksman with real world scenario based training with a rifle capable of minute of angle or less marksmanship.
The course does have a physical component, and the shooters should be in good enough physical shape to perform short bursts of physical activity. This course also has a night component, and there will be a night shoot on the evening of the first training day.
This course is based upon many years of LE and military instruction on the precision rifle. It is a distilled look at the importance of precision marksmanship to solve real world type problems. The second day will conclude with a challenging pass/fail course of fire consisting of 13 rounds from varying positions.
- Selection of rifle and optics
- Reasonable expectations of what particular calibers will provide
- Bolt action versus semi-automatic
- The cold bore shot
- Multiple shots (and the things that get you in trouble)
- Practical range estimation
- Stress fire
- The tripod legs of tactics, fieldcraft and marksmanship
- Positional shooting with the precision rifle
- Night considerations
- Practical applications