This course is designed to give a Precision Rifle shooter a look at solving advanced marksmanship problems with the Precision Rifle. This course is set up to challenge the marksman with real world scenario based training with a rifle capable of minute of angle or less marksmanship.
The course does have a physical component, and the shooters should be in good enough physical shape to perform short bursts of physical activity. This course also has a night component, and there will be a night shoot on the evening of the first training day.
This course is based upon many years of LE and military instruction on the precision rifle. It is a distilled look at the importance of precision marksmanship to solve real world type problems. The second day will conclude with a challenging pass/fail course of fire consisting of 13 rounds from varying positions.
- Selection of rifle and optics
- Reasonable expectations of what particular calibers will provide
- Bolt action versus semi-automatic
- The cold bore shot
- Multiple shots (and the things that get you in trouble)
- Practical range estimation
- Stress fire
- The tripod legs of tactics, fieldcraft and marksmanship
- Positional shooting with the precision rifle
- Night considerations
- Practical applications
Click above to review OpSpec Training’s general overview on what to bring to a carbine class.
For this specific class…
- About 300 rounds of ammunition.
Course fees vary depending on location and are subject to change. The fees will be listed for classes when the dates are announced.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding course fees, group rates or law enforcement exclusive programs.