The senior staff at OpSpec Training has more than 80 years of combined firearms experience. During this time, the team found shooters who excel at a high level – despite varied styles of trigger control, and mission goals – have one thing in common, they all have a mastery of the fundamentals and can produce them on demand.
Too many shooters today seek out gizmo sights, light trigger jobs, lasers, and other things to fix a marksmanship problem. Operation Specific Training fixes marksmanship problems at speed with marksmanship.
Practical Fundamentals will provide any shooter – at every level – with new skills and a progressive roadmap to isolate and improve on the things that matter the most in hitting targets at speed.
Objectives will be achieved with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Controlling the trigger, with all platforms and trigger types, to achieve an accurate shot
- Acquiring proper sight alignment, on a target, and allowing the shot to happen
- Recoil management and making accurate follow up shots
- Efficient grip, presentation of the gun and shooting stance
- Finding your personal sphere of dexterity
- Reloading your platform efficiently and reliably
- Transitioning between targets without wasted movement and placing accurate shots
- Make a shot that will stun you with the ability you have acquired
- Pistol in one of the following calibers: 9MM, .40S&W, .357 SIG, or .45 ACP
- Kydex belt or paddle holster
- A minimum of five to seven magazines
- Some safe means to carry magazines, on your person, to recharge your firearm four times (e.g. four magazine carriers/pouches)
- Wraparound eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic hearing protection is recommended)
- Cleaning and maintenance supplies for daily pistol maintenance
- Pen and notebook
- Estimated round count: 750 – 850 rounds