Pistol Skill Builder
A full day introduction (or refresher) of OpSpec Training’s techniques and philosophy on trigger control. This course is normally only offered at SIG SAUER Academy, following the two-day Practical Fundamentals class.
Pistol Skill Builder
Pistol Skill Builder is OpSpec Training’s one-day review of our flagship Practical Fundamentals course. The program focuses on the process of running the gun, using dry and live fire exercises while focusing on marksmanship fundamentals and trigger control.
This is not a beginning handgun course. Students should have completed a basic safety/CCW class and have experience with their firearm and gear prior to enrolling. This program is appropriate as a refresher or an add-on day for those who have completed OpSpec Training’s Practical Fundamentals course.
The senior staff at OpSpec Training has more than 80 years of combined firearms experience. During this time, the team found shooters who excel at a high level – despite varied styles of trigger control, and mission goals – have one thing in common, they all have a mastery of the fundamentals and can produce them on demand.
Objectives will be achieved with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Review and understand the fundamentals of marksmanship
- Proper stance and grip
- Getting the gun out of and into the holster safely
- Controlling the trigger, with all platforms and trigger types, to achieve an accurate shot
- Acquiring proper sight alignment, on a target, and allowing the shot to happen
- Reloading your platform efficiently and reliably
- Pistol in one of the following calibers: 9MM, .40S&W, .357 SIG, or .45 ACP
- Kydex belt or paddle holster
- A minimum of three magazines
- Some safe means to carry magazines, on your person, to recharge your firearm four times (e.g. two magazine carriers/pouches)
- Wraparound eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic hearing protection is recommended)
- Cleaning and maintenance supplies for daily pistol maintenance
- Small first aid kit
- Pen and notebook
- Estimated round count: 300 to 400 rounds
What to Bring
First, review the general overview of What to Bring to a Pistol Class.
For this specific class, you’ll also need to bring:
- Kydex, outside-the-waistband holster.
- 300 to 400 rounds of ammunition.
- At least three magazines for your pistol.
- At least two magazine carriers.
The course fee for Skill Builder is $235, plus applicable range fees. Contact us for information on group rates.
Classes listed are not in date order. If none are listed, we do not have any on the schedule at this time.Sorry, no classes on the schedule at this time.